Tuesday 28 August 2012

YES, I AM STILL HERE /PADMABABU /TRANS:BABU RAMACHANDRAN

PADMA BABU
I renounce my sight today

In the eyes of the blind girl

Singing the tunes of love,

In the railway station.

Don’t you smile to me dear,

Come and see this world..

I empty my pockets

In the bowl of the old beggar,

Rooted to the corner stone

Near the bus stop..

Don’t be dazed, comrade

Go and taste some

Pepperoni topped pizzas..

Love birds, stuck in

The absurdity of an imminent break-up,

I blow your caustic bickerings away.

Don’t shy away now..

Lock yourselves in

Your biting kisses.

The elderly couple,

Take my hands..

Let’s go to the beach

Of your dreams, and

Breathe in some fresh air..

The street-musician

With amputed hands,

I leave my fingers on your tabs,

Yes, your broken symphonies

Are still there..!

Play…

Play again..

Louder.., let me listen to

The melody in your laughter

Once again and

Slowly fall to death..

Yes, I am still here..

Right next to you..!

No comments:

Post a Comment